A nice quote that I believe carries some resonance from screenwriter Andy Kaufman

"There was this movie Serpico. Al Pacino is a cop and he has an artist girlfriend, and there's a party scene with all these different artist types. They're saying 'I'm a painter but I work in a restaurant,' 'I'm an actor but I work in an office,', and this goes on for a while. Then Al Pacino says 'I'm a cop and I work for the police department,'. But there's that feeling when you want say you're something, and you have nothing to back it up because everyone says they're a writer, or everybody says they're this or that -- this is what I felt -- and everyone else thinks it's bullshit. It's funny now that I don't want to call myself that but at the time I did and I think that it was necessary at the time, but now it doesn't feel necessary because I think the thing I realise is I'm not those things."                                             

Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment