This Week So Far ...

It's all about dislocation this week,  losing things, feeling lost, melancholy as you wander aimlessly

The Land Between Us exhibition at the Whitworth Gallery, Manchester a poetical show cunningly curated amongst the gallery's permanent collection. Highlights include getting lost in Olafur Eliasson artificial wood (The Forked Forest, 1998, ok so I didn't take the photo (we wasn't allowed, I did try my best) you just had to be there) which formed the main entrance. Erkan Ozgen, Breath (2008) video which reminded me of Kit' earlier work (I can't remember the title, but hey check out this groovy pdf from an earlier exhibition) the remains of Nikhil Chopra's performance and Chen Quins stunning piece The Garden (2007). Thought I'd post a few examples of the (amazing) catalog gocheckitoutNOW!  




















Starting a not so fresh sketch book,
 it's almost a pointless exercise, but I always fall for hit, kicking myself in the face. I hate being aware of my own laziness, I have to write these things though otherwise I'll never get started doing anything!































Words I founded, Why Look At Animals? (John Brger) Indeed why at all? ... stuff of legend





















And some images on my travels recently, frozen drippage ... the only thing spoiling the beauty is knowing it's filth





















































(lunch break, this was actually a few weeks back, but what the heck, kudos to the troopers)





















Oh ... and one last thing, http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/chinese-government-demolishes-artist-ai-weiweis-shanghai-studio_b11081 ... fuckingcunts

2 comments:

  1. express yourself.. I do that through swearing not making art

    needs to be made into stickers or something

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude cheers for the info on that artist I'll go and check his stuff out! How long is the exhibition on for? May need another trip up to Mancherster at some point!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete