British Art Show 7

This is a touring exhibition around the UK and features a real range of diverse art practices, some I found wonderful and over not so... I got to see it when it was on at the Hayward gallery in London recently and noticed that it will be up in Glasgow for a period of time from the 27th of May. This show does include Christian Marclay's 'The Clock' which is a 24 hour moving image installation made up of appropriated footage of sections of clocks or the mentioning of time from films and TV throughout the history of celluloid. It has been compiled and been edited into a chronologically sequenced order to correlate with actual time... Its unbelievable!

I did notice that there was one day during the exhibition in London when they opened the gallery for 24 hours so you could attempt to watch 'The Clock' in its entirety. While the events schedule hasn't been released yet for the Glasgow variant I am hoping/expecting they will do that again. I think its definitely worth doing! I will be there with a sleeping bag and picnic set

 http://www.britishartshow.co.uk/



Kit

p.s. Really liking your new outcomes Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment