My art practice recently has turned into how can I physically integrate an arts practice with the community, this was the inspiration for acquiring the empty shop on Falkirk High Street, in which the space isn't only used for exhibiting individual works of art but the building as a whole is indeed a project. The next thing I am working on is how to spread the word of this gallery space by doing project out with the building itself, for example restoration or gardening. I have been looking at this and I'm sure I have heard others say that they are interested in doing something similar so I thought I'd share this with you all if you haven't heard of it already.

http://www.landshare.net/about/

The area that is available in Falkirk, is about as far away from me than Glasgow is on a train so I would be happy to work on a plot of land there, if people are interested in finding out more about landshare.

Craig

1 comment:

  1. This sounds interesting dude. I read an article recently that quoted a musician who said he moved to a solo artist from a band memeber because of how society has changed (we spend more time looking at machines and talking on them then to someone) and we are more individual and seperate from those around us, so for him it makes sense to make music on his own then with others. It got me wondering how interactive and socially engaed community art projects are really at the forefront of art now. I wonder whether this is an concious reaction to the alter-ego digital communicative world we seem to be entering into.

    Kit

    ReplyDelete