So now I actually live rather near most of you guys, and know you all have creative ambitions beyond fathering/mothering a bastard child to the alcoholic down the local (ahem); I was wondering if perhaps we could get together for purpose of a crit? I'm sure like myself, you all have some ideas floating round you are either unsure of or blindly confident about that a little criticism could better shape.  I think we discussed a fair few months ago what the Collective was (I really don’t remember the conclusion...or if there was a conclusion) but I’m willing to bet neither of us are aware of exactly what other  members are up to/working on. I would imagine small crits to be a great way for us to pull both a collective and individual momentum in the art scene and is something I’d quite like to see happen once every few months.


I think what we need is for these crits to be relaxed and informal yet constructive discussions at someone’s house giving us a little headspace (Or we could sit in Starbucks and speak very loudly?).  I'd be more than happy to host myself! We could bring work with us; sketches, discs, prototypes, photos, laptops etc. Please comment if you are interested and we could create a round of emails setting a time and date.

Also...just putting it out there but The Thing is showing at the GFT at 11pm on the 24th if anyone would like to join me??

Nathan

1 comment:

  1. Sound like a good plan dude, Futura was a really great chance to make work for a space and work within a gallery environment again so having made and presented work recently, this might be a good chance for a bit of crit.

    ReplyDelete