Call for Artwork

After a visit to the studio by Kit we have decided to press on with an exhibition of work by TheBlackSwanCollective to be held within my studio. The only restraints on what can be exhibited is obviously dependent on your budget but also there is limited floor space, so I don't recommend any sculpture. There is sufficient wall space for each of us to show about two bits of work each and there are televisions available to show multiple video works. I was thinking that Geofest could be a good opportunity to give some work to me, so I will set this as the deadline to hand in some work. I know that is only a week long but a week is plenty of time as I am looking for anything. As for Michael and Kit who are in Scotland, if you wish to create some work in the studio that you cannot make at home feel free to come along at any time to do so.

In other news

This could be the first and last exhibition of BlackSwanCollective at the studio as I have just been offered by Young Scot an empty shop in Falkirk, these are the only images I have of the space at the moment. 



From the bollard and pathing in the second image makes me think that the shop is in Falkirk High Street obviously the most busiest street in town so worth pursuing. From the information given to me by Young Scot the shop is large enough to hold 20 people and is available for how long I want it as the owner of the shop is happy for it to become an art gallery. I also believe that I am being offered this space for free. I have a meeting in Edinburgh with the people at Young Scot to fill out some "practicalities" on the 6th of June, so I shall find out then if the space is ours.

Hopefully if I get this space we can use it as a platform or base for our charitable causes. After discussing becoming a charity with Kit we think it is best to discuss what the aims and goals of our charity would be plus we need to agree on a suitable name before filling out the many application forms. I believe the names TheBlackSwanCollective, Manifesto or BadgerBadger should be kept separate from the charity as our charitable organisation would be representing these groups and potentially others. I shall update more information when I get it.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment